We are a group of developers and enthusiasts sharing knowledge, wisdom, and funny youtube videos.
If you’re interested in WordPress in Grand Rapids please join our email discussion list and check out the Meetup list!
Latest Blog Post
By Chad Warner on July 21, 2014
We talked about WordPress Marketing Automation at our July 2014 meetup. Dan Kaufman, marketing consultant at Empowered Marketing and co-organizer of I Love Marketing GR spoke about how to automate a sales funnel and must-have plugins.
Marketing automation defined
Marketing automation: streamlining sales and marketing by replacing high-touch, repetitive manual processes with automated solutions.
Marketing automation systems
- LeadPages: good-looking custom landing page, high conversion rate
- OptinMonster: popup and lead generation plugin, with exit intent
Marketing automation cont.
- Popups: if pop up in 5-10 seconds, response rate goes up by at least 20%
- Exit intent offer: can give higher response rate than standard popups
- Zapier: automate by creating “zaps” between systems (such as MailChimp to GoToWebinar)
- IFTTT: automate by creating “recipes” that connect various systems. Free.
Must-have WordPress plugins
- OptinMonster (premium)
- Jetpack: helps automate marketing (e.g., Publicize)
- Revive Old Post
- OptinSkin: nice-looking, high-converting opt-in form. Dan likes LeadPages better.
- OnePress Social Locker
- Facebook Like to Download for WordPress: require a Facebook like to download
- Hello Bar
- Lead magnet
- Welcome mat offer
- Core offer
- Profit maximizer
- Return path
- Blog and guest blog
- Contest/giveaway: do something creative; don’t just give a Starbucks gift card
- Buy targeted traffic
- Social media
- Press releases
- Solo ads: buy right to send emails to targets (minimum $300)
- Media buys
- Small “chunk” of value that solves a specific problem for a specific market offered in exchange for an opt-in
- Promises “one big thing”
- Speaks to a known desired end result
- Offers immediate gratification
- High perceived value
- High actual value (has an “aha moment”)
- Can be consumed in under 5 minutes
- Professional logo
- Branded/lifestyle image
- Lead magnet offer
- Simple, above the fold opt-in form
- “No thanks” link
Welcome mat offer
- Irresistible, super-low-ticket offer that converts prospects into buyers
- Once a customer has purchased from you, they’re far more likely to keep spending. Maximize front-end conversions by keeping price point as low as possible.
- Typically under $20 (low-cost report or book); sometimes offered for free with shipping and handling.
- Low barrier to entry; impulse buy
- Easy to understand and explain
- Seamlessly leads to core sale
- Useful but incomplete
- High perceived value
- High actual value
- Flagship product/service
- Irresistible offer
- Upsell, cross-sell, or subscription
- Increase average customer value and overall engagement
- Put non-buyers in follow-up series
- Generate additional revenue from existing
- Exit offer ideas
- New lead magnet
- Highlight an unadvertised bonus
- Quiz or survey
- New appeal