Our July 2013 meetup topic was How do I learn more? No matter how much you know about WordPress, there’s always more to learn. Topher DeRosia and Nate Reist gave a long list of resources and tips for learning and finding support.
How to make a good support request
- Tell how to recreate the problem, specifically (actions, results, browser, host, etc.).
- Tell what you’ve tried and what happened.
Where to find support
- For WordPress.org plugins, each plugin has a Support tab
- WordPress.org Forums
- Our WordPress Grand Rapids meetup group (and Google Group)
- Become friends with developers and other WordPress people. Don’t use them; forge a genuine relationship.
Where to look for answers
- Learn How to Use WordPress
- Function Reference
- Source File: links to Trac which shows the function in the source code.
- Related: each function page lists related functions at the end.
- Class Reference
- Plugin API
- To view a plugin’s code, click the Developers tab on any plugin in the WordPress.org Plugin repository and click Browse in Trac.